Saturday, September 13, 2008

brunch with Nancy and Gretchen


We had Nancy and Gretchen over for brunch this morning, on their way out of town back to the village. I learned, finally, how to make a proper omelet thanks to them, so I made some today, and Ann made cardamom biscuits.



We showed them the blog post that Ann wrote about our stay in their village, and talked about our plans for the future.


They're headed to the Bay Area in the spring to visit Gretchen's mom, so we hope to see them next year back home. They should be home in the village right about now, as I write. Here they are with Ann in front of their truck (Nancy is on the left, Gretchen on the right):




They told us they found a tiny frog in their truck on the way down to Yaounde. They got a few pictures of the little guy before releasing him.







It's rainy season here again. I sat awhile this afternoon and just watched the rain from our third-floor back balcony. I took a few pictures last night from there, around sunset.




The secret to a good omelet, by the way, is to get a couple of tablespoons of oil smoking hot in the pan before pouring in the eggs. Then you get the texture.


1 comment:

William said...

I can't get my tablespoons to melt, let alone smoke. I guess you have better stoves in Africa. Or different tablespoons, perhaps.

Looking forward to having you guys home!