Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Baby Friend

Yesterday afternoon, I spent a few hours visiting my baby friend Grace. Two weeks had passed since my last visit, and already she is bigger and more alert. She entertained me with her usual tricks: sleeping, eating, crying, and looking around. That's really all it takes -- I'm an appreciative audience.

As the nephew of Grace's father, Paul is technically her cousin, but being her senior by nearly 30 years, he functions more as an uncle. Here he demonstrates how he soothes her by rocking her and singing little songs. Since he lives in the same house with Isaac and Julia and Grace, he's often 'on call' for the late night shift if the little one starts to fuss.

Julia and Grace, mother and daughter, smiling at each other. Aren't they beautiful?

1 comment:

The Laughing Rover said...

Beautiful indeed! I like this post. :)