Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cameroonian Literature in English, and brief news


Every so often someone who doesn't even know us but has an interest in Cameroon finds our blog. So this is for you, if you're one of those people, or someone we know who is also interested in Cameroon in general.

There is a blog about Cameroonian English-language literature! You can find it at http://anglocamlit.blogspot.com

I found it via the news feed for the term "Cameroon" that I set up on Google News, which fed me a link today to a story about it.

I haven't yet spent much time reading it. Caveat lector. But at first glance, it looks interesting, and certainly relevant to Cameroon.


* * * * *

It's raining. I'm at CTC, across the road from our house, checking email. We're having a few people over for music tonight, including Phil and Cathy one last time before they leave town tomorrow. I'm working today on writing a videogame called ScholAfrica, which we hope to present at a big Presbyterian Church USA meeting next month; if we manage to get it online, I'll post a link to it here. Then I need to polish up the Microsoft Excel training session I'm presenting (in French, ulp) at the Eglise Presbyterian Camerounaise (EPC) in a couple of weeks, with help from Jeff and Ann. Tomorrow Jeff and I go into the EPC offices to check out the machines we'll be using. Other projects in the works include finding a server for the microfinance database application I wrote, and some redesign work on the RELUFA website at relufa.org. We've gotten busier with our volunteering, that's for sure. Tomorrow night is the high-school musical at ASOY, the American School of Yaounde. We're going with the Boyds, our friends and coworkers, and their kids. The show ASOY is doing is the American musical "Grease".

Ann has some great pictures of a couple of recent interviews she did with people connected with RELUFA; one is with a lady who dyes cloth, another with a lady who provides a lunch service in the quartier where our office is located. If you know Ann, consider sending her an email asking her to post these. :)

And here's a picture of Ann a friend of ours shot. It's blurry, but I love it anyway:



No comments: