Saturday, March 29, 2008

Back from the Road Trip

Hey, we're back in Yaounde after our road trip with Christi and Isaac, and Daniel from Terrespoir. We visited lots of fruit dryers, saw their weekly delivery to a church in Douala where everything is weighed and boxed up for delivery to Switzerland, and we even got to follow the truck into the cargo section of the Douala airport. I always wanted to see a cargo port. I'll post pictures from all this tomorrow or soon after. At the moment, Ann and I are up at CTC, across the street from home, checking our email.

Also, here's a quick followup to the "Mission Statement" posting from March 12 (available here). The document I took the quote from is "Poverty and Mission" by Fr. Fernando Domingues, MCCJ. I found it on the "Vulnerable Mission Discussion" page of the Jim Harries Mission website, which someone linked to from a page in the network here at CTC, the SIL compound where we sometimes use the computers. SIL is the translation organization our friends the Kapteyns work for. We live in their house right now. They were our link to the Boyds, who offered us our volunteer positions here.

Got all that? I mention it because someone asked. And I believe MCCJ is a Catholic religious order.

No comments: